Substrates and surfaces, once I pulled out the deco sheets, I decided to incorporate them into my next tag, using one of the textured surfaces, which I stained with broken China stain, stamped JOY on a small piece of it and adhered it to the surface, easy with the sticky back, then added a pointsettia that I die cut from the gold deco sheet and grunged it up with walnut stain. Although the deco sheets are meant to be adhered to your surface, I only adhered the bottom leaf and didn't remove the paper backing on the other flowers to give the flower more dimension. It worked perfectly and I layered the flower by using glossy accents in the centre of each petal layer. Unfortunately, my photography skills are non existent and don't do justice to the lovely deco sheet pointsettia.
Thursday, August 11, 2016
On Day 6, surfaces and substrates were covered as well as embossing on debossing, it sounds kind of weird but it's really a neat little technique. You use the debossing folder and the shadow press thing to add ink, add your embossing powder and watch the magic. For the tag below, I added a poinsettia die cut from the ideology deco sheet.